Design and Engineering
NSS defines a Qualified Person as a Professional Engineer licensed in the state in which we are doing business.
Design and Engineering - Qualified Person
Fall Protection Design and Fall Protection Engineering: As OSHA stipulates, “Horizontal lifelines shall be designed, installed and used under the supervision of a Qualified Person”. NSS defines a Qualified Person as a Professional Engineer licensed in the state in which we are doing business.
Design and Engineering - System Design Criteria
To provide a safe working environment, our experienced engineers will design a fall protection system that meets the customer’s requirements, taking into consideration the existing facility’s current environment. This system design will include, but are not limited to:
• OSHA/ANSI/Manufacturer’s regulations and requirements.
• Type of fall protection (cable-based, rigid rail, single point anchor, guardrail, etc).
• Obstructions (electrical/air/water lines, heat ducts, material handling systems, etc).
• Total Fall Distance’ clearance requirements.
• User friendliness.
• Production schedules for installation purposes.
• Use of overhead bridge cranes, if applicable.